Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:31:18 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dennis Diskin <ddiskin@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: transport file from v9.1
Comments: To: saslist <saslist@comcast.net>

Forget the transport file. Just create a V8 dataset: **

libname outdd v8 'c:\'; data outdd.sectIIb; set work.sectIIb; run; HTH, Dennis Diskin

On 7/27/05, saslist <saslist@comcast.net> wrote: > > I seem to be having some difficulty creating a transport file from version > 9. I usually just use the xport engine but I get: > > libname outdd xport 'c:\sectIIb.v5x'; > data outdd.sectIIb; > set work.sectIIb; > > ERROR: The variable name RESPONDENT_ID is illegal for the version 6 file > OUTDD.SECTIIB.DATA > > Needless to say I have not heeded the 8 character variable name limit. > Sooo, > I use proc cimport: > > filename tranfile 'c:\section2.v5x'; > proc cimport lib=work file=tranfile; > run; > > However, the person who will be using this is using version 8 and gets an > error that they cannot import the version of the file I am creating. Have > I > missed an option? >