Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:33:55 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "A. Michielsen" <amichielsen@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: transport file from v9.1
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

As you have discovered - both the xport engine and proc cport require valid sas version 6 elements - and you have at least one element (a variable name) that is invalid - as you have indicated. You _may_ be able to use proc sq to read the data with the invalid name. If it doesn't work as Proc Sql; Select * from...; Then try: Proc Sql; Select 'RESPONDENT_ID'n, ... That's how EG allows (supports) invalid column names with SQL that aren't allowed in a Data Step.