Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005)Back to main SHOREBIRDS pageJoin or leave SHOREBIRDS (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Aug 2005 17:10:35 -0700
Sender:       Shorebird Discussion Group <SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Thomas Riecke <riecket13@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Which Yellowlegs (this time with a link)
Comments: To: Jack Daynes <jc_daynes@SPAMCOP.NET>

A Greater Yellowlegs would also exhibit much more streaking along its flanks, along with a longer bill, which has also been brought up. I understand your point about the Stokes CD's, but Yellowlegs have very variable songs, its hard to really nail a phrase down as one or the other, I'm sure someone who has experience with Yellowlegs on their breeding range will have more in a little bit. Thomas

Jack Daynes <jc_daynes@SPAMCOP.NET> wrote: (Sorry for the previous post)

I believe I saw and photographed a Greater Yellowlegs in the Yukon. The location where I was falls outside the range of this bird. My belief is based on the songs I heard. If I'm incorrect in my ID, it is due to the Stokes recordings being incorrect. Can anyone help me understand why my bird is NOT a Greater Yellowlegs?

TIA, -- -- Jack -- ===================================== When asked if he knew the difference between ignorance and apathy, the man answered, "I don't know, and I don't care." ===================================== Poway, California (San Diego Co.) N 32 57' W 117 04' At 508' Elevation =====================================

--------------------------------- Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page