Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:54:23 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Timothy Hennigar <thennig@idirect.com>
Subject:      Re: Error in constructing a macro for matching.

Think that you are just missing the second ")" after '.sav'

Ie.,

/FILE=!QUOTE(!CONCAT('M:\myfolder\aggr',!months,'.sav')

should be

/FILE=!QUOTE(!CONCAT('M:\myfolder\aggr',!months,'.sav'))

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Knut Gunderrud Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 5:20 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Error in constructing a macro for matching.

Hello!

I encountered following error message using SPSS 12.0:

>Error # 6838 in column 3. Text: / >A macro expression includes an operator which is syntactically correct but >which has not yet been implemented in the macro language. This is probably >an instance of an attempt to use an arithmetic operator such as addition or >subtraction. >This command not executed.

This error was produced executing the following syntax:

DEFINE !match (start = !TOKENS(1) /stop = !TOKENS(1)). !DO !months = !start !TO !stop. MATCH FILES /FILE=* /FILE=!QUOTE(!CONCAT('M:\myfolder\aggr',!months,'.sav') /BY myvariable. !DOEND. !ENDDEFINE.

Due to this error the macro was never defined. Is there a way around this problem? Does it occure in SPSS 13.0 as well?

Best regards, Knut Gunderrud