Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:45:33 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Luca Meyer <lucameyer@tiscali.it>
Subject:      Passing a macro variable to a script

Hi,

Here I am trying to run something like:

DEFINE !Macro1 (Parameter1=!TOKENS(1)). GET FILE "C:\TEMP\TEMP.SAV". SCRIPT "C:\TEMP\TEMP.SBS" ("!Parameter1"). !ENDDEFINE

!Macro1 Parameter1=Q300.

That is, by using the temp.sbs script I am trying to rename some variables by adding one prefix (in the specific case Q300 but it could vary) to the name of the variable.

The script produces the correct rename syntax (thanks Neila for your suggestions!), but instead of the "Q300" value it takes "!Parameter1", that is the parameter value is not sent to the script...any suggestion on how I can correct the macro?

Thanks, Luca

Mr. Luca MEYER Survey research, data analysis & more: http://www.lucameyer.com/ Tel: +390122854456 - Fax: +390122854837 - Mobile: + 393394950021

"If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one." - Mother Teresa - www.thehungersite.com