Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:20:11 -0300
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Hector Maletta <hmaletta@fibertel.com.ar>
Subject:      Re: Limitations on number of columns?
Comments: To: "Secrist, Kevin" <KSecrist@buttecounty.net>

There are no limits on the number of columns (variables) that I know of. There is a [very very large] limit to the size of the file, but you are not likely to reach it. I have often worked with files holding above 1200 variables, some of them with more than a million cases and correspondingly large volume, without problems except it may take time to read.

Hector