Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 3 Aug 2005 17:44:21 -0400
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Marc Scoppettone <mscoppettone@IAGR.NET>
Subject:   Re: Reference Category for Categorical Vars in NOMREG

Hector:

What I mean is this: suppose on dependent variable takes a value of 0 or 1 corresponding to "no" and "yes", respectively. NOMREG sets the parameter for 1 equal to 0. I would prefer to have the parameter for 0 set to 0. I can always invert the odds ratio to get the effect of a "yes" value, but other softwares (SAS, etc.) give you the option of selecting which is set to 0.

Marc