Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:51:28 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Matthew Pirritano <mpirrita@unm.edu>
Subject:      effect size form F and df

Hello all,

I want to calculate cohen's d from and F and df. Does anyone know how to do this, or if it is possible?

I was thinking that I could just use this equation, since F is just t squared. I could take the square root of the F and then run this syntax. Does that make sense?

**

*SPSS*:

COMPUTE est_dbyt = (2 * t_value) / sqrt(df) .

EXECUTE .

Thanks Matt

Matthew Pirritano, Ph.D. National Science Foundation Post-Doctoral Fellow College of Education Department of Individual, Family & Community Education MSC05 3040 1 University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001 Telephone (505)277-7115 FAX (505)277-8361