Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:01:47 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arlin Cuncic <acuncic2@uwo.ca>
Subject:      error message - vector

Hello,

Would anyone have an idea what would typically cause the following error message to appear?

>Warning # 525

>An attempt was made to store a value into an element of a vector the

>subscript of which was missing or otherwise invalid. The subscript must be

>a positive integer and must not be greater than the length of the vector.

>No store can occur.

The syntax that I am using is basically what I've pasted below, only it is repeated for many different locations.

Thanks

Arlin

VECTOR thutmp1_ thutmp2_ thutmp3_ thutmp4_ thutmp5_(6).

DO REPEAT v1=thutmp1 thutmp2 thutmp3 thutmp4 thutmp5/v2=thutmp1_ thutmp2_ thutmp3_ thutmp4_ thutmp5_.

IF v1>0 v2(v1)=1.

END REPEAT.

DO REPEAT x=thutmp1_1 to thutmp5_6.

IF sysmis(x) x=0.