Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:06:11 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Yampolskaya, Svetlana" <yampol@fmhi.usf.edu>
Subject:      Re: MANOVA vs. Repeated Measures ANOVA

Dear List,

I have 5 DV (i.e., student GPA, number of disciplinary referrals, days a student was absent from school, etc.). These DVs were measures twice (the beginning of the semester and at the end). My IV is level of participation in program activiteis. I used Repeated Measures ANOVA. The reviewers of the manuscript made the following comment:

Why MANOVAs (vs ANOVA) were not conducted to account for the correlations (relatedness) between dependent variables?

Can anybody help and explain when it is more appropriate to use MANOVA vs ANOVA?

Thank you in advance,

Lana