Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:30:39 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Pardee, Roy" <pardee.r@GHC.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Automatic program name footnote
Comments: To: Michael Murff <mjm33@MSM1.BYU.EDU>

Here's the code I use:

* Try to include a footnote--does this work accross rsubmit boundaries? ; proc sql noprint ; select trim(XPath) into :CurrFile separated by ' ' from dictionary.extfiles where fileref like "#LN00006" ; ; quit ;

footnote "Program file: &CurrFile " ;

I put that in a file that I routinely %include into my sas progs--don't know if it would work in a .cfg.

This is working in v8.2 on windows, running in batch only.

HTH,

-Roy

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Michael Murff Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 11:18 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Automatic program name footnote

Hi SAS-L,

I'm exploring ways to create an automatic footnote that would list the name of the program used (and possibly its path) to generate the output. The recent topic "reading LOG file of the currently running program <http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0508a&L=sas-l&D=0&P=45626> " seems related, but it doesn't address this issue directly. Is there someway to automate this process?

Ideally, this would be a simple macro placed in a .cfg? file that would stamp all output with this footnote. The fact that SAS writes the program name as the header of the enhanced editor (interactive PC SAS) intimates that SAS is storing that information *somewhere.* Any thoughts from the systems-minded?

Thanks as always,

Michael Murff Provo, UT