Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:17:06 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         ALEX GOULD <alex.gould@STANFORD.EDU>
Subject:      Re: using format statement in proc summary
Comments: To: Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the thoughts from Art et al.

I actually ended up solving the problem by addressing the formatting in the prior DATA step rather than the PROC SUMMARY step, and it worked just fine.

I think that the problem was that SAS wasn't reading the lines from the text program completely... when I read the log, it's like it was reading the word "format" as a variable.

Take care, Alex