Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:31:49 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Andre Wielki <wielki@INED.FR>
Subject:      Re: Specify PDF Version
Comments: To: "Corey.B" <corey.best@GMAIL.COM>

Corey.B wrote: > Is it possible to choose the PDF version of the PDF files created by > ODS. I believe teh default PDF version is 1.3. However some of the > people receiving my reports have Acrobat 3.0 which only reads PDF > vesrion 1.2. Uprading to the latest reader is not an option. Are there > any settings that allow you to specify which PDF version to use? >

Corey, -Acrobat reader is free! -version 3 is let say 9 or 10 years old! -sas 8.2 (more recent than 9 years !)produce uncompressed pdf file of a version %PDF-1.2 -sas 9.1 produce a compressed version of pdf file %PDF-1.3

i never saw in sas any possibility to choose the pdf version conclusion : remain in v8.2 if you refuse to update the acrobat reader!

Andre -- Andre Wielki INED (Institut National d'Etudes Démographiques) 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54 FRANCE