Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:54:15 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Elizabeth Newsom <Elizabeth.E.Newsom@KP.ORG>
Subject:      reading similarly named files automatically

I am hoping someone can look at the problem I'm having and tell me how I can (easily) fix it. Although this involves reading XML files, it's more a question on how to read in a series of files, automatically.

I am reading a bunch of XML files into SAS. Generally there's 1 file per day (yyyymmdd in the middle of the XML file name) except in this case on 8/12/2005, where there are 3 files. Here's a sample of their names:

KPCO20050811T123.XML KPCO20050812T122.XML KPCO20050812T145.XML KPCO20050812T255.XML KPCO20050813T344.XML KPCO20050814T111.XML

I thought the following code would read them ALL in (you can ignore the xmlmap= part):

%macro readxml(filename); libname test xml "path1/&filename..xml" xmlmap="path2/xml_map_final.map";

* Many more lines of SAS code go here; %mend readxml;

%macro xml; %DO I=11 %to 14; %readxml(KPCO200508&i.*,xml&i); %mend xml; %xml;

But this code only reads ONE of the files from 8/12/2005 and then proceeds to read the 8/13/2005 file.

Any way to fix this? It needs to be automatic because I'll be doing this basically on a monthly basis, so I want it automated.

Thanks for any help,

Beth

Beth Newsom Clinical Research Unit Kaiser Permanente of Colorado Phone: 303-636-3128 Fax: 303-636-3149

CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED: This communication contains information only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or a KP employee responsible for delivering the communication to the intended recipient, please be aware that you are strictly prohibited from sharing, distributing or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the individual who sent this immediately at the telephone number below to arrange the return or proper delivery of this document.