Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Sep 2005 19:52:43 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Carol Lambert or Jeff Sewell <lambertsewell@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Huie, Clayton Co., 9/2/05

I had 4 Northern Shovelers on the south pond today, first of the season. Hallelujah, summer might be over. The Hooded Merganser and Ring-necked Duck are still there. Yesterday, I had 3 Black Terns up there, but none today.

Also had a nice male Hooded Warbler on the wetlands trail. The past 2 days I've seen an adult Yellow-billed Cuckoo along with a young cuckoo on a nearby branch in different parts of the wetlands--learning the ropes I guess.

Carol Lambert Tucker, DeKalb Co., GA lambertsewell@mindspring.com