Date:         Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:12:53 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Cabra <john_cabra@yahoo.com>
Subject:      Syntax for item-other correlation

Thank you Dominic for your reply.

I came across an article that reported a table of which its first column listed

11 scales from a questionnaire. The second column listed 11 Average item-own

scale correlation coefficients and the third column listed 11 Average item-other

scale correlation coefficients. However, when I entered Analyze>Scale>Reliability

it generates a matrix. Do you know how to generate the averages? Thank you again.

John

Use reliability analysis. Analyze>Scale>Reliability.-----Original Message-----From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf OfJohn CabraSent: Monday, September 19, 2005 6:02 PMTo: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDUSubject: Syntax for item-other correlationHelloI am a new SPSS user. How do I generate the following:1. Average inter-item correlation2. Average item-own correlation3. Average item-other scale correlationsI have designed an instrument to measure creative climate. I would like toexamine the items to determine if they correlate higher with the constructthey are purported to measure than with the other constructs measured bythe instrument. What would the Syntax look like? Or, what SPSS commandwould allow me to generate accordingly?Thanks for your help.John Cabra