Date:         Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:03:28 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Cameran Hetrick <cameran.hetrick@DISNEY.COM>
Subject:      Data Assertion

Dear List, I would like to learn how to crash my program if a variable takes on a specific value, using syntax. For those of you that know STATA, I want to use the assert command. For example the STATA command assert var1==1 in a program will crash the program and produce an error message if var1 takes on any other value than 1 (including missing).

Thanks!