Date:         Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:11:22 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Keith Starborn <starborn@statisticsdoc.com>
Subject:      Re: GSS 1984 sample data file?
Comments: To: Ian Martin <ianmartin@MAC.COM>

Keith Starborn www.statisticsdoc.com

Dear Ian,

Your best bet might be to download an SPSS file containing the GSS from multiple years and then extract the 1984 data. An SPSS .sav file containing the GSS data can be downloaded from this site:

http://psrm.cqpress.com/data_resources.html

You can also extract a custom dataset from ICPSR:

http://webapp.icpsr.umich.edu/GSS/

but it might be simpler to get to the site above first to look at the file from psrm first.

HTH,

KS

-- For personalized and experienced statistical consulting, visit www.statisticsdoc.com