Date:         Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:40:27 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Antonio Borunda <antoniobor@UTEP.EDU>
Subject:      Bootstrapping

I am not very familiar with SPSS syntax but I know that pretty much the only way to be able to bootstrap some data is to do it via syntax (if anyone knows how to use it doing the graphical interface please let me know how). I have a set of data that is broken into two different types (two different years to be exact). I am interested in the difference between the two years, using statistical tests I come up with the conclusion that there is no reason to believe that one year differs with the other. If that is the case, then I should be able to take samples of size 10 from each year, calculate the difference between the means (say 1000 times) and then calculate a confidence interval.

My problem is that I do not know how to do using SPSS. if anyone can help I would appreciate it.