Date:         Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:12:32 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Vishal Dave <VishalDave@Affina.com>
Subject:      Re: Summary Tables

Matt,

You can specify the format of summary variable by adding []. For example, summary scale variable v1 can be summarized in the custom table with required format as :

/TABLE V1 [MEAN F4.0] BY V2 [C]

Hope this helps, Vishal.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Matthew Pirritano Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:13 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Summary Tables

Hello all!

Is there a way to specify the format of Summary Tables? The summary tables are giving me data with more decimal places than I want for some information and some columns narrower than I'd like. Is there a way to specify this? The summary table syntax doesn't seem to give you the ability to specify these formats.

thanks for the help,

matt

Matthew Pirritano, Ph.D. National Science Foundation Post-Doctoral Fellow College of Education Department of Individual, Family & Community Education MSC05 3040 1 University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001 Telephone (505)277-7115 FAX (505)277-8361