Date:         Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:38:29 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Zdaniuk, Bozena" <BZdaniuk@ucsur.pitt.edu>
Subject:      problem opening files

Hello, I know this problem was raised on the list before but I cannot think of a good search term to find it in the archives. I am using Data Entry Builder to compare the files and get a message that the file I want to compare to is already open and active, which is not true. I can get around it by copying the file to a different folder but it is very frustrating and time consuming. Does someone remember why SPSS does it and what is the solution to this glitch? Thanks a lot.

Bozena Zdaniuk, Ph.D.

University of Pittsburgh

UCSUR, 6th Fl.

121 University Place