Date:         Fri, 9 Sep 2005 21:11:57 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Omar Farook <omarfdawood@yahoo.com>
Subject:      multiple regression model

Dear Friends.

I have multiple regression model consist of one dependent and 7 independent variables.

Bu using SPSS I have got the figures below.

t statistic of the 7 predictors variables are 1.728,2.513,-1.580,-0.604,-0.667,2.627 and 1.953.

Sig are 0.159,0.066,0.189,0.578,0.541,0.059 and 0.123.

Sample size =12.

According to my knowledge I should look for a t values below 2 or above +2 and Sig or p-value of less than 0.05 is considered significant.

From the figures above we see that there is no liner relationship between the dependant and an independent variables.

My question is, in this case is it correct to expand the sample size and rerun the same model or I should look for new independent variables?

Hope I was clear enough.

Thanks in advance.

Omar

omarfdawood@yahoo.com