Date:         Sun, 11 Sep 2005 04:42:07 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         gokhan kaya <kayagk@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject:      improving reliability

Dear All

To imprrove reliability (Conchran alpha) what should I do? I started with removing some items becuse of larger values in the column of alpha if item is deleted and use factor analysiss to reduce data Finally, these results make me to remove some items but this efforts still not neough since conchran alpha is increased from 0.32 to 0.47 but it is under the level of 0.6.8 (common use) and I've also another problem: My questionnaire is applied in two similar qualified(similar socio economic status) provinces but one of them reveal much smaller alpha values than another one for 3 scales. Are there alternative way to improve alpha values? What is the source of this difference between two porvinces and howcan I overcome it?, If I can

Any helps and recommendetions are appreciated Thanks Advance BESTS Gokhan KAYA

--------------------------------- Yahoo! for Good Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert