Date:         Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:27:19 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Norton <jnorton@lumc.edu>
Subject:      Evaluation Volunteer Assistance for Katrina Disaster Recovery Work

Dear Listers, I hope my posting this request for volunteers does not transgress this list's boundaries. However, given the amount of talent of those participating herein, and the magnitude of the devastation wrought by the recent hurricane in the Gulf Coast, I am willing to test those boundaries by posting this unique request for assistance made by the American Red Cross. I received the following message from the American Evaluation Association and thought that many of you may be interested in offering your help. JN

************** [from the AEA]:

VOLUNTEER: We have reached out to evaluators at the CDC and the American Red Cross to find out if there is a need for volunteer evaluators with their disaster recovery programs. The scope of the relief effort through the Red Cross has lead to a wonderful influx of volunteers as well as corporate donors. The Red Cross wishes to gather data from these parties to inform future relief efforts. They are seeking volunteers with expertise in any one or all of the following specific areas:

* Survey design

* Large data set analysis

* Conducting phone interviews

Volunteers should be available virtually/remotely (email, phone, online) for up to 20 hours over the period of a couple of weeks. If you are interested, please go to http://eval.org/aea05.katrina.htm

( http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=qwwjuobab.0.dpo4uobab.qkw6hdbab.4338&p=http%3A%2F%2Feval.org%2Faea05.katrina.htm)

by Tuesday, September 13, to fill out a short form for consideration as a volunteer. Please do not contact the AEA office or the Red Cross directly regarding this opportunity.