Date:         Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:04:05 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Razan <razan_mikwar@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Logarithmic transformation of not normal data

Hi,

I've made a multiple linear regression using SPSS by one dependent variable and two indepent variables and all assumptions were satisfied but R squre is very low about 0.3,so I think that is because my variable are not normally distributed that's why I was thinking about transforming my data uasing logarithmic transformation to normal distributio and repeat the regression,but I don't know how to transform them? and do I have to test any other assumptions after applying the transformation?]

Thanks