Date:         Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:48:26 EDT
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ralph Grubb <RalphG2703@aol.com>
Subject:      Re: Graphics Production Language (GPL)
Comments: To: storzewski@spss.com

Thanks for the information on the Wilkenson book, the Grammar of Graphics. I will order a copy. I think the average SPSS graph user will be in for a major shock, if I understand his paper correctly on his web site. Instead of treating a graphics display as a viewer for underlying data, GPL treats data as an accessory to viewing a graph. GPL is based on the mathematical definition of the graph of a function and uses that definition to organize data linked to the graph. Ralph