Date:         Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:44:59 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Laura Berry, Dr." <LBERRY@northark.edu>
Subject:      SPSS v. Access

Dear Group:

I'm an SPSS user from way back and very happily use it to do almost everything in my office except make the coffee. However, I know next to nothing about Microsoft Access and database queries. Can you offer a summary as to what type of projects and procedures Access (or other database tools) might be useful for versus using SPSS?

I'm asking because some of my new staff members are long-time Access users but know nothing about SPSS. I want them to be trained to use the best tools for the job, but don't know which tools are best, and when they're best.

Thanks, Laura

Laura Berry, Ed.D. Director of Student Success & Institutional Research North Arkansas College (870)391-3280