Date:         Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:06:54 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Chris Schatschneider <schatschneider@psy.fsu.edu>
Subject:      Re: Data Entry 4.0(Can u help me)?

I am also having significant problems with SPSS DE 4.0. I am actually having problems with 4.0 that don't exist with 3.0. Is it possible for you to get the older version? We are currently using 3.0 until they work out the bugs in 4.0

Chris Schatschneider, Ph.D. Associate Professor Department of Psychology Florida Center for Reading Research Florida State University 227 North Bronough Street, Suite 7250 Tallahassee, FL 32301 (w) 850-644-4436 (f) 850-644-9085 email: schatschneider@psy.fsu.edu

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Marta García-Granero Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:21 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Data Entry 4.0(Can u help me)?

Hi Sergio,

SBT> Last year I bought SPSS Data Entry 4.0 for input data of my researches. SBT> However after many problems with this software I am thinking is I did the SBT> best choice for my business.

SBT> I have no support here in Brazil and the product have a lot of BUGs. Do you SBT> have an indication of better software to design forms, validate and input SBT> data for surveys companies?

There is a freeware program called Epidata (a translation to Portuguese is also available).

http://www.epidata.dk/index.htm

It is designed for data entry and validation. It has some analytic capabilities and can export the dataset (once checked and verified) to SPSS, Stata or SAS.

Good luck

Regards, Marta mailto:biostatistics@terra.es