Date:         Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:32:45 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Chris Cronin <Christopher_Cronin@nfta.com>
Subject:      Re: System Sound Script

Thank you, Raynald. I tried this on both a machine with a sound card and the one without. This causes the windows "bell" to sound through the sound card and thus does nothing on the non-card machine. There is a script command to set the system beep to 1, 2 or 3 (windows bell, system beep, nothing) but that didn't change anything either, it still goes to Windows.

However, you sent me in the right direction, as the command line "beep" command does produce the system speaker beep. I just have to figure out how to spawn a command prompt from the script and pass it a command line:

"beep 440 36" (sound at 440 mHz for 2 seconds) or even do a tune from a batch file.

which I'm sure is not difficult. Just have to find time to look at that later. Thanks again for your help!

Chris

Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca> Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/14/2005 07:15 PM Please respond to Raynald Levesque

To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: Re: System Sound Script

Hi

try this:

Sub Main For cnt=1 To 5 Beep Wait 1 Next End Sub

HTH

Raynald Levesque Raynald@spsstools.net Visit my SPSS site: http://www.spsstools.net

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Chris Cronin Sent: September 14, 2005 12:19 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: System Sound Script

I forgot to mention that the operating system is NT4.0. ___________________________ Months ago folks helped me write a script that plays a sound through media player, which "calls" me to a remote machine when a script is complete, using

Set objWMP = CreateObject("wmplayer.ocx.7")

I need this on another machine that doesn't have a sound card but does have a regular system speaker. I searched around Raynald's sample scripts but didn't find anything. Can someone lead me to where I can find the right object type / name to access this speaker and sound a series of beeps?

Thanks for your assistance.