Date:         Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:53:15 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Martin Sherman <MSherman@loyola.edu>
Subject:      Re: converting a missing time value into a real time value
Comments: To: hmaletta@fibertel.com.ar

Hector: Thanks for the response. I tried using q1=9:00. and got an error message that the : was creating a problem. I will wait to see if anyone else responds. thanks again. martin

>>> "Hector Maletta" <hmaletta@fibertel.com.ar> 09/15/05 10:49 AM >>> If you have only one case in that situation, you can issue the command as follows:

IF (SYSMIS(Q1))q1=9:00.

But you may have other cases with the time missing, and you may not want all of them assigned 9 hours. If it is so, you better allocate the new value based on the relevant case's ID:

If (ID=93869)q1=9:00.

I have not considered possible further complications arising from the fact that your variable is a date variable (in hours). The simple statement q=9:00 may not work, but I don't have time to go into that now.

Hector