Date:         Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:44:58 -1000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Bob Schacht <schacht@hawaii.edu>
Subject:      Re: Population demographics
Comments: To: Jan Krause <jkrause@krausecpa.com>

At 06:02 AM 9/14/2005, Jan Krause wrote: >Would anyone be willing advise me on information resources >for population demographics in the U.S.? I have a download >from Claritas that is two years old, and I'm unfamiliar with >that source for information. Thanks in advance for any >assistance. >Jan Krause

Jan, The U.S. National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) does quite a lot with population demographics in the U.S., depending on what range of meaning you have in mind. You have already been referred to a U.S. Census website. You might also want to explore the NCHS website on survey methodology at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/express.htm.

Bob

Robert M. Schacht, Ph.D. <schacht@hawaii.edu> Pacific Basin Rehabilitation Research & Training Center 1268 Young Street, Suite #204 Research Center, University of Hawaii Honolulu, HI 96814