Date:         Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:32:43 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Stephen Salbod <ssalbod@pace.edu>
Subject:      Aggregate problem

Hi Everyone,

My problem is I do not understand how to use AGGREGATE with a comparison to drop records from a file.

M=Minutes

R=Ratings

A=Actions

ID M R A

1 1 4 0

1 2 5 0

1 3 1 1

1 4 2 0

2 1 3 0

2 2 6 0

2 3 3 1

2 4 4 2

3 1 4 0

3 2 4 0

3 3 9 1

3 4 1 1

I want to create a file that contains only those records that occur after a person maximum rating (MAX R) and all records following the first action (A > 0) . Here is the output file for the above data set:

ID M R A

1 3 1 1

1 4 2 0

2 3 3 1

2 4 4 2

3 3 9 1

3 4 1 1

Any help would be appreciated. I do have Levesque's book (2nd Editon), so feel free to direct me specific pages.

Thank you,

Stephen Salbod, Pace University, NYC