Date:         Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:19:50 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Spousta Jan <JSpousta@CSAS.CZ>
Subject:      Re: a little question
Comments: To: Agustin Diaz <adiaz@acziona.com>

Hi Agustin,

> Hi listers, how are you?

I cannot speak for all members of the list, but regarding me, I am well today, thank you. At least I've discovered how to solve a problem in my dataset during the weekend, so I am not able to do the expected analytic work.

>The code should to do something like this. > Calculate percentiles of one variable "Var1". > Create a new variable "Var1rec" where the first value is the range (0 to P20), the second (P20 to P40).

If I understand your question properly, you should use something like this code:

RANK VARIABLES=var1(A) /NTILES (5) INTO var1rec.

Greetings

Jan