Date:         Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:14:30 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Miyoshi, Thomas" <Thomas_Miyoshi@URMC.Rochester.edu>
Subject:      Large data set warning/error

Am getting the following notification:

Warning # 44

The operating system could not allocate a memory segment of the size requested by SPSS.

Therefore, SPSS can only use the largest block available in memory already allocated.

Use SHOW WORKSPACE to determine the size of the request and SET WORKSPACE to change it.

We tried this but did not get a suggested request.

We have tried to increase the workspace to the 2,000,000 to 3,000,000 range in the past.

Any suggestions?

Tom