Date:         Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:27:00 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         emaguin@acsu.buffalo.edu
Subject:      GLM contrasts with repeated measures factor

All,

I have a one between (Group), one within (Time) factor repeated measures ANOVA with three levels on the between factor and four time points on the within factor. I want to set up two contrasts for the group by time interaction such that the first level is compared to the second and to the third levels of the between factor. I plainly don't understand how to do this. I understand that the statement

Contrast(group)=simple(1)

gives me the desired contrast for the between subjects factor. But, that contrast does not carry over to the interaction.

How do i do this?

Thanks, Gene Maguin