Date:         Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:02:17 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Cabra <John_Cabra@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Syntax for item-other correlation

Hello

I am a new SPSS user. How do I generate the following:

1. Average inter-item correlation 2. Average item-own correlation 3. Average item-other scale correlations

I have designed an instrument to measure creative climate. I would like to examine the items to determine if they correlate higher with the construct they are purported to measure than with the other constructs measured by the instrument. What would the Syntax look like? Or, what SPSS command would allow me to generate accordingly?

Thanks for your help.

John Cabra