Date:         Fri, 2 Sep 2005 20:24:41 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Marco van de Ven <mvenus82@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject:      Graphic representation of Syllables?

Dear list,

I am searching for a way to graphically present syllable structure by means of SPSS 12, can anyone of you help me? I have investigated two-word sequences and want to show where the average syllable boundaries and word boundaries are situated, among others.

To give an example:

Beginning of word1: 0 Ms. (milliseconds; always zero because this is the starting point) Syllable boundary first word: 45 Ms. Beginning word 2: 60 Ms. Syllable boundary second word: 63,5 Ms. End of utterance: 80 Ms.

etc.

I would like to present these data in a boxplot-type of representation, with all the data scaled out. (i.e. the distance between the various boundaries being precise)

Greetings,

Marco

___________________________________________________________ To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com