Date:         Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:38:43 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Parise, Carol A." <PariseC@sutterhealth.org>
Subject:      Re: error 11.5 - mail system support
Comments: To: emaguin@acsu.buffalo.edu

Thanks Gene for pointing me in the right direction.

Looks like i may have to break down and upgrade after reading the (lack of) solution. but hey, at least they apologized for the inconveience :-)

*********************************

Resolution number: 18801 Created on: Apr 11 2000

Problem Subject: Unable to load mail system support

Problem Description: I am using SPSS 11.xx and when I try to open an output file I receive the error:

"Unable to load mail system support".

When I click 'OK' the output file is not opened. I have created the output file without any problems, however when I try and reopen it I get this error message. What seems to be the problem and what can I do?

Resolution Subject: This problem has been filed to SPSS Development and currently there is no workaround.

Resolution Description: We have had sporadic reports of this problem, and it has been filed to SPSS Development. The problem appears to be a corrupt output file which could have resulted from generating many graphic intensive charts or heavy editing and saving. In some situations, the corruption occurred when saving the .spo to a diskette. Currently there is no workaround, but we recommend saving your output to your system's hard drive before saving it to a diskette. We apologize for the inconvenience.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of emaguin@acsu.buffalo.edu Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:11 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: error 11.5 - mail system support

Carol,

Oh, yes there is a reason for this and i think that spss stated what it was. Do a search on the the resolution database, it may be there. I don't remember when this problem first showed but with 12 it is still with us. Perhaps it's gone in 13 or 14.

But, in the meantime, i've found that the problem occurs for me when i'm copying large chunks of text output as in a print or list command rather than a large table object. I eithe double click on the object to open it for editting or open the text object in the output editor. Either way, i can select and copy the text block.

Gene Maguin