Date:         Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:49:59 +0530
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Deepak Jethwani <deepak.jethwani@gmail.com>
Subject:      2nd Attempt: Grouping Zip Codes

Hi Listers, This is my second mail to the list. I am still struggling with the following issue. We have a list of zip codes and a table that lists out the drive time distance from one zip code to the other in the following format.

Zip1 Zip2 Zip3 ..... Zip1 0 5 15 Zip2 5 0 12 Zip3 15 12 0 Zip4

Now, we need to group the zip codes which fall within 10 minutes of drive time distance from a zip code into a group. The problem is actually about identifying starting zip codes around which to build these groupings.

I would really welcome any comments from anyone who has faced a similar problem or any suggested approaches that come to mind for a possible solution or any suggested texts which I can use to tackle this problem.

Best regards Deepak Jethwani