Date:         Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:56:18 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard Ristow <wrristow@mindspring.com>
Subject:      Re: Regresssion Plot in SPSS

At 10:38 AM 9/21/2005, Hector Maletta wrote:

>Double click on the scatterplot to edit it, go to Design in the Graph >Edit >menu, and select drawing the line. There are several options as to the >kind >of line (linear, quadratic, etc).

I.e., you do it by hand-editing of the plot. For EVERY plot. And with one of certain specific lines supported, rather than a general line for which you supply a functional form.

<<Insert Ristow general rant, maybe number 2, after "don't use the EXECUTE statement>>"

>I do not know whether this can be established as an option by default, >so >that the scatterplots come directly with the regression line drawn on >them.

It's sure nice, if it does exist. If so, remove a large part of preceding rant.

Richard