Date:         Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:01:33 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Painter <painter@email.unc.edu>
Subject:      Re: SAS 9.1 data to SPSS 13.0
Comments: To: "Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com>

Dear List,

The best solution I found for the issue of SPSS v13 not reading SAS data files correctly is to save the SAS file as a transport file.

Here is an example of the SAS code for creating SAS transport file:

options validvarname=v6; /* to account for long variable names since the xport feature was not upgraded beyond v6 */ LIBNAME D1 'C:\MyDocuments\d1' ; LIBNAME D2 XPORT 'C:\MyDocuments\d2\TRAINER.XPT' ; PROC COPY IN = D1 OUT = D2 ; run ;

Sincerely, John Painter