Date:         Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:41:19 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         michael healy <healym@earthlink.net>
Subject:      Re: SPSS 11 for Mac path
Comments: To: Craig Stotts <cstotts@utmem.edu>

Hi Craig, You might be able to try dragging the file into a Terminal window which will automatically complete the full file path. In SPSS however, your best bet is to turn on PRINTBACK, open the file the through the GUI, then copy the command that's written to the output file and paste it into a syntax window.

for PRINTBACK via SYTNAX:

set printback on.

<do your thing.>

set printback off.

for PRINTBACK via the GUI

Edit Menu | Options... | Viewer | check the 'Display commands in the log' option

-Mike Healy -----Original Message----- From: Craig Stotts <cstotts@utmem.edu Sent: Sep 22, 2005 6:34 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SPSS 11 for Mac path

In the Syntax Editor, is there a way to point and click on a file name to enter it automatically into a path name? I tried entering the path name manually but didn't work but I would think we should be able to point and click. Thanks for suggestions, -- R. Craig Stotts RN, DrPH Professor College of Nursing Univ Tenn Health Sci Ctr Managing Editor, Southern Online Journal of Nursing Research 501.753.7098 Fax 501.771.1636