Date:         Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:30:20 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Luca Meyer <lucameyer@tiscali.it>
Subject:      SQL to SPSS truncated text

Hello,

I am importing some data from SQL into SPSS and I am frequently getting the error:

>Warning. Command name: SAVE >SQLFetch (getting tables) failed :[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Troncamento a destra della stringa di dati.

Which traslated into English is about "truncating the data string to the right".

How can I avoid that from occuring? Is there a SPSS parameter I can set? Of should it be something changed in the SQL Server configuration?

TIA,

Luca