Date:         Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:12:29 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Marta García-Granero
              <biostatistics@terra.es>
Subject:      Re: Double save data file

Hi Ralph,

RG> Does anyone know of an add-in to SPSS that permits a one-click save to two RG> different file locations? Wordtoys (_www.wordtoys.com_ RG> (http://www.wordtoys.com) ) has a great add-in program for RG> MS Word that does this and far more. I am RG> constantly saving data files to two locations for back-up purposes and really RG> need a toolbar feature to do this.

I don't know of any toolbar feature, but you could use MACRO for that. The following code is untested, but should work:

DEFINE !SAVE2(!POS=!TOKENS(1)). * Location #1 is C:\My Documents\ *. !LET !loc1=!CONCAT(!UNQUOTE('C:\My Documents\'),!1,!UNQUOTE('.sav')). SAVE OUTFILE=!loc1. * Location #2 is D:\Backup\ *. !LET !loc2=!CONCAT(!UNQUOTE('D:\Backup\'),!1,!UNQUOTE('.sav')). SAVE OUTFILE=!loc2. !ENDDEFINE.

* MACRO call*. !SAVE2 myfile.

Regards, Marta mailto:biostatistics@terra.es