Date:         Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:30:58 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Feinstein, Zachary" <ZFeinstein@HarrisInteractive.com>
Subject:      Is it Possible To Change Bases in Standard Statistical
              Significance Testing?

Is it possible, within SPSS, to change the bases in standard statistical significance testing? For example, I will be running multiple correlation runs based on weighted data. When the correlations are statistically tested I need to base these on new bases that are not exactly unweighted bases but close. They are called "effective ns" and I can calculate them myself pretty easily.

I could program this myself, but I wanted to first see if it could be done somewhat automatically with the built-in SPSS procedures for correlations.

The same question would apply to independent t-tests, simple ANOVAs, and statistical significance testing in CTABLEs too.

Thank you in advance.

Zachary

zfeinstein@harrisinteractive.com