Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:25:25 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Spousta Jan <JSpousta@CSAS.CZ>
Subject:      Re: decimal places
Comments: To: Alice Sullivan <A.Sullivan@ioe.ac.uk>

Hi Alice,

I am not sure whether I inderstand it properly, but I suspect that you simply need to round the values. If yes use the function RND. E.g.:

compute var1 = RND(var1 * 1000) / 1000.

Will round var1 to 3 decimal places.

HTH

Jan

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Alice Sullivan Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:18 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: decimal places

Hello,

Is it possible to save a variable to a specified number of decimal places? (I don't want to just alter the way the variable is displayed, but to change the actual value).

The variable I want to do this with is a predicted probability, saved from binary logistic regression.

(This follows from my previous query on propensity score matching).

Many thanks,

Alice

Dr. Alice Sullivan

Centre for Longitudinal Studies