Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:03:45 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Marta García-Granero
              <biostatistics@terra.es>
Subject:      Re: need help on 2 different samples

Hi Roy,

If I understand you correctly, variable A has been measured in 60 people and variable B in 30 DIFFERENT people, so you have a total sample size of 90 subjects (60 sample A + 30 sample B). Correct?

In that case, neither regression nor correlation analysis is possible, because both methods require PAIRS of data: the same subjects for both variables. There is no workaround solution for that, sorry.

-- Regards, Marta mailto:biostatistics@terra.es