Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:12:36 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Marta García-Granero
              <biostatistics@terra.es>
Subject:      Re: need help on 2 different samples

Hi Roy,

RF> the situation is : i want to explain that attempts on increasing the RF> motivation of worker, e.g. raise the salary (var A, measured in 60 RF> workers) will result in better service that customers get (var B, RF> measured in 30 costumers). Martha has guessed it, and advanced my RF> question. Thank you, Martha. RF> but i still wondering, is there any other statistical operation i can RF> use to answer my hypothesis, except correlation and regression of RF> course. or maybe you can show me the best data collecting and RF> processing technique so i can test the hypothesis.

Unless you can link a customers to workers, I see no solution with your present data collection and layout.

If you had measures of the customers service before and after the salary raise, you could try to compare means.

Any other thoughts from other listers? (c'mon, one step forward, don't let all the fun for me...).

-- Regards, Marta mailto:biostatistics@terra.es