Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:54:41 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         agromatica@GMAIL.COM
Subject:      Re: Techincal questions about SPSS

I sent two message dated 2-jul-2005 and 6 Jul 2005 requesting help to respond some questions about the SPPS-13 but nobody answered my questions.

Here I am reshiping the same message, with the hope that somebody can help me with my questions.

I have some questions about SPPS 13.0, not using scripts but using the interactive menu and panels.

ˇ I would like to know how to specify a design with a nested factor in the UNIVARIATE ANOVA procedure. How to use the WITHIN option clicking the mouse?

ˇ I need to specify coefficients for specific contrasts in the GLM procedure as in the One-Way ANOVA. In GLM, I can't add any coefficient and it is only possible to contrast differences among a reference category (last or first).

ˇ How can I specify the split plot design, making at the same time a post hoc test (Tukey test for example), knowing that the errors are different.

If you can not answer me these questions, please to indicate me who could answer them.

Carlos Arce Calderón

Agro-Statistician Teacher

Technologic Institute of Costa Rica