Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:03:55 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Lindsay <spss2002_4@sdresearch.com>
Subject:      Derived importance

Someone has asked me to calculate derived importance.

I have asked respondents to give me importance measures based on 1=very important and 10=very unimportant on 12 attributes for a service that they buy. This is "stated importance".

I also have the same respondents to rate the different suppliers on a 10 point satisfaction scale.

How to I calclate a derived importance?

Thanks.

Derek